How to Practice:
- Lie on stomach with relaxed mind and body
- Chin to rest on the mat, keeping your toes out and feet together
- Lift your body with the support of your hands
- With deep inhale, lift your legs upwards, as much as comfortable, from the torso. For pure results bring it to 90 Degree Angle or at your comfort level.
- Ensure that knees are not bent
- Keep your core muscles and legs engaged holding the breath
- Hold the pose for 15 seconds to start with and gradually build to a minute
- Exhale as you gently bring your legs back on the mat
- Turn your head on one side and relax
- Repeat the asana 3-4 times
- Strengthens the muscles of the abdomen, thighs and legs.
- Tones the abdominal organs such as the gall bladder, stomach, spleen and bladder.
- Releases lower back and sciatica pain
- Increases gastric fire and improves digestion.
- Cures oedema and tumour
- Asana gives new energy to the throat
- Helps immensely diabetes and other disorders of the kidney
- Alleviates ovarian pain during menstruation
- Beneficial for people suffering from respiratory and lung problems
- Very good for High Performance Athletes
1.) Do not perform this Asana if you are pregnant or if you have undergone recent abdominal surgery.
2.) Do perform under Master’s guidance.