How to Practise:
- Sit in a comfortable place with your back and head straight.
- Back and neck erect, rest on your buttock bones.
- Fold both legs and tuck your left hand below the left leg and hold the left feet with your hand and lift off the floor
- With your right hand, grasp outer edge of your right foot with right hand, in a manner that right leg is perpendicular to the right thigh
- Close your eyes and breathe rhythmically staying in the pose calm and composed for 30 – 40 seconds
- Gently come out of the pose (kick legs and shake hands to relax muscles)
- Change the orientation of the leg to other side and repeat to complete one cycle
- Repeat the cycle 3-4 times
- Helps channelize energy and connect upper body with lower body.
- Induces stillness and improves concentration
- Opens and relaxes middle and upper back muscles
- Helps in deep stretching and thus opening of lower body
- Stretches inner thighs and groin
- Improves Core Strength
- Stimulates abdominal organs
- Therapeutic for indigestion and constipation