If you have never done yoga before, here are top 10 reasons that will push you to take on yoga now:
1. Yoga targets specific muscles and increases their flexibility; improves your mobility by flexing your shoulders, your pistols, and your joints; and reduces risk of injuries, aches, and pains.
2. Breathe, breathe, and breathe! Yoga helps you focus on present. Yoga makes it easier to relax, become aware, calm your mind, and create mind-body connection.
3. Yoga keeps you stress-free. It soothes the mind by encouraging relaxation and lowering stress hormone (cortisol) levels.
4. Yoga increases your body balance and overall stability. It engages core stabilizer muscles and reinforces good positioning.
5. Yoga increases strength and stamina. It uses every muscle in the body strengthening your whole body from head to toe.
6. Yoga makes you aware of your body’s strength and weaknesses. It helps improving body alignment gradually by improving posture.
7. Yoga controls weight. Yoga helps in burning extra calories, reducing stress, and reducing cortisol levels. It also encourages healthy eating habits and provides a heightened sense of well being and self-esteem.
8. Yoga keeps you fit. It improves breathing, enhances blood circulation, improves digestion, boosts immunity, and also provides cardiovascular benefits by lowering heart rate, increasing endurance, and improving oxygen uptake during exercise.
9. Yoga keeps you active. It eases symptoms of conditions such as anxiety, depression, fatigue, asthma and insomnia.
10. Yoga relieves you from pain. It has proved to be useful for people with conditions such as cancer, multiple sclerosis, auto-immune diseases and hypertension as well as arthritis, back and neck pain and other chronic conditions.
Overall, “yoga”, as the word says, unites your mind and body and creates a new you. You will love the transformation in you, so do not waste any more time, just start performing yoga!